Our Prenatal, Health, and Nutrition Services trainings and consultation provide a variety of methods to ensure your program meets the Head Start Program Performance Standards and implements quality services. Our comprehensive training and technical assistance for high quality prenatal practices is offered through two days of intensive front-line staff training followed by one day of supervisor/manager consultation to support the implementation of best practices. Emphasis is placed promoting birth as normal, breastfeeding as the gold standard, and evidence-based care as the norm. Training is practical and concrete, designed to reduce fears and increase support and excitement about program philosophy and practice.
Evidence-based Learning Objectives and Outcomes:
- Enhance their knowledge of the 2007 Revised Head Start Act and Head Start Program Performance Standards as they apply to services to expectant families.
- Learn specific and practical methods for supporting the transition to motherhood
- Discuss the “Fourth Trimester” post-partum period related to birth and early parenting experiences
- Identify their own feelings toward breastfeeding and learn tools to support families.
Day 3 participants receive individualized consulting specific to their center-based or home-based program option. Designed to support supervisors in implementing enhanced strategies, this intensive consulting day is the perfect follow-up to the training.
- Integrating health, nutrition, and prenatal services into the curriculum
- Observing and recording health and nutrition
- Support of breast-feeding
- Health and nutrition requirements
- Required prenatal services
We offer this consultation through Email, Phone, Online, and Onsite Services:
What we offer is expert coaching with oversight—we can discuss your plans and offer expert suggestions, read your draft content, recommend quality enhancements, and even provide content editing support.
Please email us at Linda.Kimura@babiescantwait.com for more information.